Full - Wave Rectifier needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stivfk

Hi everyone,

I was trying to design a full wave rectifier using the standard 4 diodes bridge circuit. But, my signal is attenuated by the diodes. I also have a signal offset after every half cycle like the picture below:

**broken link removed**
My full wave rectifier specifications are like follows:
1.Signal range: -5V to 5V.
2.Output range: 0V to 5V.
3.No offset or at least a very small one.
4.Accepts any input signal waveforms.

I don't think that using OP-Amps (Precise Full-Wave Rectifier) will resolve my problem because it contains only one input. The circuit need to accommodate any input signal waveforms where sometime the negative half cycle is not uniform.

Any question, design or idea is welcome.

Thank you

Stivfk

hi,

The diodes will have a forward voltage drop of 0.7V thru 1V depending upon the current thru the diode. Thats the offset you see.

A full wave prec rectifier with OPA's will invert the negative swing of the input cycle so it should automatically show the correct difference in the half cycles.

If you the use a cap/res filter it will show peak or rms, depending upon the filter time constants.

OK.?

Attachments

• PrecRect1.gif
    51 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Thx for the schematic Eric... Let's say I want to have actually a range of 0V-5V output signal... Can the op-amp actually provide this? Any suggestion?

Can any waveform signal be used as input?

Stivfk

Thx for the schematic Eric... Let's say I want to have actually a range of 0V-5V output signal... Can the op-amp actually provide this? Any suggestion?

Can any waveform signal be used as input?

Stivfk

hi,
You will see that the prec rect attenuates the signal.
Look at the formula on the image.
So you would have to add second amp to raise it to 0 thru +5V.

In theory it should accept most input waveforms.

Ok thx Eric and Hero999 for the schematics. I will implement the circuit later this week and get back to u.

Stivfk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…