Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuse capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaven

I want to know which this fuse is so i can buy or get another one
it is from a power inverter of a CCFL

this is the fuse

**broken link removed**

Strange looking fuse, looks like it has several elements and one is still intact.
Is it indeed open? And why cant you make a current measurement? Then substitute an ordinary fuse.
But consider that the fuse might have blown because of a bad component, that is why they are there.

reaven said:

this is the fuse

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Rolf..I believe that line that looks like the fuse element is actually the white outline printed on the board..
reaven..do you know why the fuse failed ? It looks like a picofuse ...

Hi Rolf,

Your advice about bad parts causing fuse blown is so true that whatever one does, there is a very high chance the replacement fuse would die immediately unless one also check other component for damages first. So the OP should buy a few more fuses as a safety measure.

Can't advise about the fuse rating though.

Do you know the maximal curent needed/alowed by the inverter?
U can buy a ultrafast, glass encased fuse. It seems that the blown one is something like that. They are quite cheap. So replace the fused one and turn on the inverter with a 12V adapter. If the 15V source was the problem should work just fine. If not wil blow fast enough to protect the rest of the equipment.

Last edited:
reaven said:

this is the fuse

**broken link removed**
btw ...isn't the coil near the fuse burned? If is a coil:D

Put a lamp in series like 12 Volts 21 Watts, which will smoothen the inrushcurrent if a immediate fault is present in addition to perhaps a 2 Amps 2 x 20 mm fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back