Fuse capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaven

I want to know which this fuse is so i can buy or get another one
it is from a power inverter of a CCFL

this is the fuse

**broken link removed**

Strange looking fuse, looks like it has several elements and one is still intact.
Is it indeed open? And why cant you make a current measurement? Then substitute an ordinary fuse.
But consider that the fuse might have blown because of a bad component, that is why they are there.

reaven said:

this is the fuse

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Rolf..I believe that line that looks like the fuse element is actually the white outline printed on the board..
reaven..do you know why the fuse failed ? It looks like a picofuse ...

Hi Rolf,

Your advice about bad parts causing fuse blown is so true that whatever one does, there is a very high chance the replacement fuse would die immediately unless one also check other component for damages first. So the OP should buy a few more fuses as a safety measure.

Can't advise about the fuse rating though.

i think it was me because i confuse and use a 15volt transformer instead of the 12v required !

Do you know the maximal curent needed/alowed by the inverter?
U can buy a ultrafast, glass encased fuse. It seems that the blown one is something like that. They are quite cheap. So replace the fused one and turn on the inverter with a 12V adapter. If the 15V source was the problem should work just fine. If not wil blow fast enough to protect the rest of the equipment.

Last edited:
reaven said:

this is the fuse

**broken link removed**
btw ...isn't the coil near the fuse burned? If is a coil

Put a lamp in series like 12 Volts 21 Watts, which will smoothen the inrushcurrent if a immediate fault is present in addition to perhaps a 2 Amps 2 x 20 mm fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…