Fuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorpydo

Hey,

Which is abbreviation should be selected to run the PIC16f628 with the internal oscillator?

ERCLK
ERIO
IRCLK
IRCIO
EXTCLK
LP
XT
HS

I'm using the software from the DIY K128 programmer. I got the program working and after changing some things, it has stopped. Is it possible that I fried it? how durible are the chips?

Thanks

Thorpydo said:
Hey,

Which is abbreviation should be selected to run the PIC16f628 with the internal oscillator?

ERCLK
ERIO
IRCLK
IRCIO
EXTCLK
LP
XT
HS

I'm using the software from the DIY K128 programmer.

Hi!

I don't have any experience with the software you're using. But I think I can figure it out based on the commands that you can use in the asm.-file for MPlab. They are as follows:

_ER_OSC_CLKOUT
_ER_OSC_NOCLKOUT
_INTRC_OSC_CLKOUT
_INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT
_EXTCLK_OSC
_LP_OSC
_XT_OSC
_HS_OSC

Looking at your commands I would say either
IRCLK -Internal Rc Clock out on RA6 and RA7
or
IRCIO -Internal Rc I/O-function on RA6 and RA7

Odin

I'm a little bit confused. I thought that RA6 and RA7 were in/out pins. Unless running a external crystal, in which case they might be used for that.

I emailed the creator of the software. This is the response I recieved. Very similar to yours:

IRCLK has internal OSC selected with OSC2 as CLK OUT and OCS1 as IO pin

IRIO has internal OSC selected with OSC2 and OCS1 as IO pins

Which do I want to run and why? Thanks, sorry for the lack of knowledge!

Thorpydo said:
I'm a little bit confused. I thought that RA6 and RA7 were in/out pins. Unless running a external crystal, in which case they might be used for that.

You should read the datasheet, it explains the different options available. But, as has alread been explained, you can set OSC2 to feed out the internal clock oscillator (if you wanted to).

The decision is purely yours, do you want the internal clock oscillator feeding out to an external circuit? - if not there's no point in doing so.

If you check my tutorials, they all use RA6 and RA7 as I/O pins, I've never had a reason to use the OSC output.

k128

Thorpydo said:
Hey,

ERCLK
ERIO
IRCLK
IRCIO
EXTCLK
LP
XT
HS

This happen to me at the begining of my using of k128. I suspect every thing starting from the programmer, the program and the Fuse setting, so I found Nigel's tutorials having no problem ( http://www.winpicprog.co.uk ) then tried the fuses until i got IRCLK working very good.

Thorpydo said:
I'm using the software from the DIY K128 programmer. I got the program working and after changing some things, it has stopped. Is it possible that I fried it? how durible are the chips?

Thanks

You will not belive how rigid is this chip. around six months ago i got one and got a programmer, since then until the last month, i was just doing experiment with differet power supplies, computer sofware, soldring connections and many measuremnts. got another programmer, and amazingly got it progrmmed and working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…