Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fusible resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi pradeeba,
I have already answered this question for you on another forum!.

Put one probe of a multimeter on one leg and the other probe on the other leg and set it to a the 0 to 200:eek:hm: resistance range.

There's no reason for you not to understand this, unless English isn't your first language or you're just retarded!

Hero999 said:
Put one probe of a multimeter on one leg and the other probe on the other leg and set it to a the 0 to 200:eek:hm: resistance range.

There's no reason for you not to understand this, unless English isn't your first language or you're just retarded!

What if the fusible resistor has gone o/c? Perhaps that's the reason he wants to find out the value and in which case his multimeter will be useless as you know.

Pradeeba,

Maybe you can give us a bit more background information? What reason do you have for wanting to find the value of the fusible resistor? Has it been destroyed, and if so has it been physically damaged as well?

Need more input, as Johnny 5 would say.

Brian

Thanks Brian,
I got answer for my question from another forum.my question is not how to measure the value of fusible resistor. it is if i want to use fusible resistor in my circuit how to calulate the value? is there any formula is there?

It really depends what you're trying to protect, and why? - you do need to be aware though that fusible resistors commonly fail for no reason, fitting them makes items MUCH more unreliable.

hi Nigel,
From what I can make out, in the other forum, its not just a case of fuse links.

He has 8 charger pcb's, for charging 3.6Vbtys.

Six of the eight work OK, the other two, besides blowing the link, also blow up the bridge rectifier, without a battery connected.

I have suggested he does a resistive s/c test on the pcb's, still waiting.!

I think its 'pin the tail on the donkey' time again.

Regards

Nigel Goodwin said:
you do need to be aware though that fusible resistors commonly fail for no reason, fitting them makes items MUCH more unreliable.

I can completely agree with that, having had first hand experience on a number of occasions myself!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back