Fuzzface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak2

Hello! I didnt know were else to go, i hope i could get some help here....

So, i am planning to build a fuzzface clone with my dad. I have very basic knowledge in electronics, so i really need help...

I have searched all over internet, and i know what i "basically" need.

1. 4 1\2 watt carbon 10% resistors
2. 3 capacitators, 2.2F and 20F for the input, and 20F for the output.
3. 2 pots
4. 2 NKT275 trannies which i allready have.

I know this is not a forum assocaited with guitars.... But all i want to know is what specifications will i need with the caps and the pots? I am not a native english speaker so i do not know what word to use to describe my problem.....

Thank you for any help!

A few comments.

Have a look here:
https://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/fuzzface.php
It seems to have a lot of information about your circuit, including a few modifications/improvements.

At the bottom of that page there is a link to a detailed parts list which should help you.

That parts list in the link mentions carbon composition resistors, I think you want carbon film resistors.
Carbon composition are a long gone technology.

Capacitators? You really mean capacitors. Using the expression capacitators will raise a smile in most electronic places.

While on the subject of capacitators..er.. capacitors, you want 2.2μF and 20μF (micro Farad) not 2.2F and 20F (Farad) which would be a million times too big (if you could even find them).

Does this help?

JimB

1. 4 1\2 watt carbon 10% resistors
2. 3 capacitators, 2.2F and 20F for the input, and 20F for the output.
3. 2 pots
4. 2 NKT275 trannies which i allready have.

1. I dont think you'll still be able to get the 10% 1/2W carbon resistors. Just use ordinary 5% 1/4W resistors.
2. the 20F capacitors should be 20uF. 16V-25V should be enough for all as you're using 9V battery.
3. 1K type B (linear) and 500K type A (log) should work.
4. or AC128 works the same.
5. a 9V battery holder.
6. 2 guitar jacks. One stereo and one mono. The input jack wiring is in such a way that when you plug in the cord. It also act as a switch for connecting the Battery negative to GND so it helps to preserve battery life.

Here's the link I found:
http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/fuzzface.php
http://www.synthrotek.com/kit-assembly-instructions-2/effects-assembly-instructions/genuine-arbiter-fuzz-face-clone-kit-instructions/

Allen

You made me smile too man .... Thanks for the help, this is great!

You would be surprised, there a lot of new old stock resistors on the market.

again, thanks!

Thank you! I didnt realize ( i wonderd about it, but didnt take it seriously) that the volt of the caps matter.... I came across these websties, they are very helpfull!

**broken link removed** - resistors

what do you all think? and if i could get good recomendations for NOS caps that would be great!!!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…