Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage Door complete guide?How to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaRt

Hello,

I want to know where can I find a complete garage door opener with sensor. Any sensor will be fine. I think presence sensor will be good :confused: )

I want to create this for my garage door. I have tried to use search button, but those threads look like for professionals only, not for newbie.

So any complete guide for this one would be very nice.

Thank you
Donny

Last edited:
Another School Project ..........

qaRt said:
Hello,

I want to know where can I find a complete garage door opener with sensor. Any sensor will be fine. I think presence sensor will be good :confused: )

I want to create this for my garage door. I have tried to use search button, but those threads look like for professionals only, not for newbie.

So any complete guide for this one would be very nice.

Thank you
Donny

??????????

I need to know this. I want to make my own garage.
Is my question too confusing?
Please tell me which part is wrong or confusing.

ericgibbs said:
hi Donny,
What your asking is no mean task!

I have done a search on the web and come up empty, it I think it would mean anyone answering your query would have to invest a lot of time and effort.

Can I suggest you look on eBay for maybe a second hand system.

http://home-garden.listings.ebay.co...-Doors_W0QQsacatZ42364QQsocmdZListingItemList

Lets know how it goes, someone else may ask.:)

Regards

With out knowing OP location it is rather difficult to give advice.
Ebay is country affiliated. At the current time it only "serves" USA | Austria | France | Germany | India | Italy | Spain and the United Kingdom. Smaller items might be shipped world wide but a garage door opener?

Here in the USA we can buy one for about $160.00 and up. So it is not practical to try to make one. They are much more complected mechanically than it first appears and it would take a good machine shop to make even the simplest one. And I am not even going to bother to discuss the electrical and and electronics.

hi Rolf,

>> Here in the USA we can buy one for about $160.00 and up. So it is not practical to try to make one. They are much more complected mechanically than it first appears and it would take a good machine shop to make even the simplest one. And I am not even going to bother to discuss the electrical and and electronics.

I agree, I have seen second units for around £50, its just not worth the hassle trying to design and build a DIY opener.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back