Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

garage door model

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemmard

Hi,
I wish to make a garage door model for my home project.The size of the door model can be 10cm X 10cm . I know how to make the PIC to do the door action (opening and closing) but i dont the mechanical part(sliding door).I know it should be done with bi-directional motor action.
Any help?

Gayan Soyza said:
An H-bridge circuit will help you to control the motor clockwise or anti clock wise.Google for Hbridge circuit.The circuits are all over the web.

Ok..now the motor runs in both directions...How do i make that rotational motion into linear for my door to open and close?

flemmard said:
Ok..now the motor runs in both directions...How do i make that rotational motion into linear for my door to open and close?

Simple mechanics! - there are various ways, plenty of them simple - perhaps you might try thinking for yourself instead of asking such simple questions?.

what you are looking for is called a "lead screw". Think of a long threaded rod attached to the shaft of a motor. You put a nut on the threaded shaft and attach the nut to your door (via a hinged arm). turn the motor one direction, the door opens, reverse direction, it closes. Use limit switches to stop at open or closed. Create tracks for the door to slide in. Pay attention to how you know if the door is open or closed (limit switches) so you don't break things by closing an already closed door or opening an already open one.

Real garage door openers use a chain drive but that's unnecessary for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back