Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage remote extra button alternative uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexg1323

Hey guys, I currently have an old Genie garage door 12 dip system for both garage doors, I have a 3 button remote and would like to hook the extra button up to turn on the front porch lights.

I need to get an extra reciever for this project such as (SEE PICTURE) from there I am a little lost on its operation??

The reciever is low voltage clearly so how would i go about using this to power a relay to trigger the 110AC light circuit. The reciever only has 2 wires so im thinking it operates as a very low current switch that closes when the it recieves the proper signal regardless of power to its wires??? If so could i use it to trigger said relay?

Attachments

• 4d4d_1.jpg
    4d4d_1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 112
Hi alex1323,

please complete the description of the receiver. What is its supply voltage? Which signal level does it generate when receiving a TX-signal? (e.g. low to high or vice versa)

Boncuk

Last edited:
Do you have a schematic or any other documentation on the Genie? If not, consider starting with a remote unit that for which proper documentation is available. Inexpensive RF remote control systems are readily available, e.g. have a look at:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

here is the service manual though im not sure if it states the output voltage. If you can give me a rundown of how a 2 wire reciever such as that operates i could go and field test the unit in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back