Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate Remote Hacker modifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyd3

Hi all,
I've been interested in this gate remote hacker for quite some time, but it seems to work with gate remotes that have a 10 switch DIP thing, but all of ours here in South Africa seem to be 12 switch DIP switches, what must I change? Must I use a 14 stage binary counter?

Here is the plan:
Parts
Resistors
R1 - PC mount 100k potentiometer
R2 - 1k ohm 1/4 watt

Capacitors
C1 - 22MFD
Integrated Circuits
IC1 - 555CP Timer
IC2 - CD4040BE 12 stage binary counter

Misc
LED1 - 10 Light Emitting Diodes
S1 - Normally Closed Momentary Push Button Switch
Perfboard
9V Battery

Schematic as attachment...

Attachments

• garage_door_hacker_1.gif
    garage_door_hacker_1.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 885
Knowledge

Of all the things you guys know, I definitely know that you know about binary counters, so hows some help? Please....

Re: Knowledge

Clyd3 said:
Of all the things you guys know, I definitely know that you know about binary counters, so hows some help? Please....

What do you want to know about binary counters?

YOU WANT TO HELP ME :roll: (MIND CONTROL)

I really need to know how I could turn on and off 12 DIP switches, in rapid succession (combination of numbers), but the circuit only works for 10 switches... please help, I am a good guy...

so that is what I need to know about using binay counters...
And does anyone know where I can get additional info on these little things, as they seem to have potential for a great number of projects...

Hi:

The CD4040 is already a 12-stage ripple counter. If 12 outputs are all you need, then just add a couple of diodes (in a similar fashion to the rest) to pins 15, and 1 respectively.

Just note that there is no guarantee that it will work on all (or any) garage door openers, as some use rolling codes.

Jem

I owe you

thanks, jem, I owe you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back