Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

General pic16C745 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gil

A simple question -

is it possible (how) to activate an existing device which is a general PIC16F684 device thru the a usb peripheral (pic16C745)?
Meaning - my pc should be able to activate the PIC16F684 device via a software and the USB peripheral of the pic16C745.

explanation...

hi guys,

first thanks for your reply - i'll try to explain...
i have an existing device (pcb) which is controlled by a microchip PIC16F684.
what i would like to do is to be able to activate the device via a pc by using a usb peripheral.
to my understanding - the best way to do it would be by designing a usb peripheral which is based on a microchip PIC16C745.
my question is if my assumption is right about being able to do so by using the PIC16C745.
for that matter, i guess my question is if the PIC16C745 device would be able to control/activate an external circuit by a simple on/off switch.

thanks,
gil

Re: explanation...

gil said:
hi guys,

first thanks for your reply - i'll try to explain...
i have an existing device (pcb) which is controlled by a microchip PIC16F684.
what i would like to do is to be able to activate the device via a pc by using a usb peripheral.
to my understanding - the best way to do it would be by designing a usb peripheral which is based on a microchip PIC16C745.
my question is if my assumption is right about being able to do so by using the PIC16C745.
for that matter, i guess my question is if the PIC16C745 device would be able to control/activate an external circuit by a simple on/off switch.

The 16C745 is a standard 14 bit PIC, just with the addition of a USB interface - you can do anything you like with it, it's just a question of writing the code. From your vaguely worded question, I'm presuming you're only wanting to take a pin high or low in response to a particular signal received via the USB interface?.

The 16C745 is OTP, but a FLASH USB PIC is supposed to be due shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back