Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

General purpose PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Does anyone know where to find a small general purpose PLC or I/O-box with e.g 8 analog/digital inputs and 8 PWM outputs. It can be all small signals, or with some driver included. I don't know how such a PLC might be programmed, but perhaps it can be programmed by a Microchip ICD programmer.

I know the device is simple to construct from scratch, but this one has to be an off-the-shelf product for a different number of reasons.

Last edited:
it may be hard to find because standard small plc only have digital input/outputs (maybe 1-2 analog) and no pwm. Pwm is not used widely on industrial equipment.
also PLC are programmed via their own software generally.

Last edited:
Could you use a PMW audio modulator such as one of these from TI?

No, the PLC is not for me, so it has to be fully operational with wire terminals for input and output. It may be hard to find such a product, that is both simple to program and not part of a complete industrial control system

You do not state where this device is to be used, but from what you have said it sounds as though a bought-in ready made device is required rather than something knocked up on a piece of veroboard!

I googled "brick plc" and one supplier that jumped out was Automation Direct, have a look at their website.

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...r)/DirectLogic_05_(Micro_Brick_PLC)/PLC_Units

I guess that the DL05 or DL06 range of PLCs may do what you want, but whether to price will suit you, I dont know.

JimB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back