General purpose PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Does anyone know where to find a small general purpose PLC or I/O-box with e.g 8 analog/digital inputs and 8 PWM outputs. It can be all small signals, or with some driver included. I don't know how such a PLC might be programmed, but perhaps it can be programmed by a Microchip ICD programmer.

I know the device is simple to construct from scratch, but this one has to be an off-the-shelf product for a different number of reasons.

Last edited:
it may be hard to find because standard small plc only have digital input/outputs (maybe 1-2 analog) and no pwm. Pwm is not used widely on industrial equipment.
also PLC are programmed via their own software generally.

Last edited:
No, the PLC is not for me, so it has to be fully operational with wire terminals for input and output. It may be hard to find such a product, that is both simple to program and not part of a complete industrial control system

You do not state where this device is to be used, but from what you have said it sounds as though a bought-in ready made device is required rather than something knocked up on a piece of veroboard!

I googled "brick plc" and one supplier that jumped out was Automation Direct, have a look at their website.

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...r)/DirectLogic_05_(Micro_Brick_PLC)/PLC_Units

I guess that the DL05 or DL06 range of PLCs may do what you want, but whether to price will suit you, I dont know.

JimB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…