Generating an oscillator circuit using 555timer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sword_fighter

I need to generate a square wave pulse using 555timer...which has a maximum output voltage 5volt & minimum output voltage 1.4volts...and on time 60sec & off time 90sec...

I used astable circuit for making this particular pulse....but the minimum value is always coming to 0v instead of 1.4volts.....so i thought to use biased series clipper to make the minimum value 1.4volts....but i dnt have any value of that load resistor....so guess help me...how can i generate this square pulse using 555timer

The datasheet for the 555 shows that its output swings from about +0.01V to about 1.35V less than its power supply voltage with no load.
Since you want the output low to be +1.4V (why?) then connect two series silicon diodes between its negative power terminal and ground.

Are you sure you need 1.4V? What is the application?

yah....MrAl.....the voltage must be accurate or tense to accurate....because I am using it as voltage regulator for my microcontroller circuit...

Okey Colin....but what kind of diode i should use? & what will there values?? is it work,as you know that pin 1 is always directly used to ground for 555 timer...

Last edited:
yah....MrAl.....the voltage must be accurate or tense to accurate....because I am using it as voltage regulator for my microcontroller circuit...
This doesn't make sense. You don't power a microcontroller with an oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…