Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating EM wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJammin

How do I get a circuit to generate a EM wave, like a radiowave. Does anyone have links to a circuit that accomplishes this task?

you're already generating EM waves all sorts of them in fact, just by being alive. thermal IR is the most prevelant, followed up by neuro-electrical impulses, brain waves and lastly long microwaves from all the hydrogen in your body (water)... the microwaves aren't easily detectable given the amount of background radiation our environment produces.

I'm aware of the fact that nearly every object radiates EM waves. I want to know how to generate a radiowave in a circuit that can be picked up by a receiver circuit a few 100 meters away.

MrJammin, this isn't for some sort of Jammin device project, like for cell phones?
That's a banned topic, we don't even get to have fun debating the ethics or legality of it anymore.

HarveyH42 said:
MrJammin, this isn't for some sort of Jammin device project, like for cell phones?
That's a banned topic, we don't even get to have fun debating the ethics or legality of it anymore.
isn't the name a bit of a coincidence?

I assure you I am not trying to use it for unethical purposes. I am simply a novice in the field and wanted more information on it. Specifically, I am just trying to get a circuit to respond to a signal by another circuit through a radiowave, just like how bluetooth or wireless works. Even though the distance I would be operating on is small I would be sure to avoid using frequencies reserved for the radio, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back