Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating Sterio sound with micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

hi

with microcontrollers we can generate sound with pwm. is it possible with micro we generate sterio sound with high quality?

thanks

thank you nigel
i want to use data saved on MMC memory. the quality that i expecting is 64Kb/s.
i want to use it on elevator.

As long as you use a micro-controller with two PWM hardware modules it should be no problem, all you need to do is read each byte from the MMC card and write it to the PWM modules. I would suggest that 8 bit resolution is plenty for an elevator, and you probably don't really need stereo either?.

Sorry, I usually don't chime into things like this but....

It seems like a MUCH better idea would be to fashion a pre-made device or circuit for this. Such as a small cheap MP3 player with your micro integrated in.

If you try and re-invent the wheel you may have trouble getting it to be as round as it could be.

Well playing a wav file from a memory card is the easiest. I done this exact thing. Using a dsPIC30F4011 a SD card and PWM for output. It could play up to 48Khz 8Bit Stereo. And i must say the sound quality for the PWM can be better than a cheap MP3.

One problem with wav files is that they are big. You might use AC3 as suggested , microchip made some code for that. As for MP3 and such it cannot be decoded right on a pic because its too slow.

thank you all,

dear Someone Electro,
can i record my voice (or every sound) with this PIC and save sound on card?
can i decode MP3, if i increas frequnce of PIC?

Yes its completely possible to record sound on to the card in real time.

And no you cannot decode a MP3 with a dsPIC, you must get a MP3 decoder chip that dose the decoding .

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back