Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Get your Identifying hats on guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

Can anyone identify the part pictured below, just acquired a load of these and apart from thinking they are some kind of optic device I am stumped.

Thought at first they were phototransistors until I discovered that PTs seem to have only 2 legs ( the gate being light! ) at least those I can find pics of on the web anyway.

So have a good look at the pics and feel free to ask any questions and hopefully give me some answers :D

BTW there are NO markings on these at all and they are about the size of a small transistor, say the 2n2222, but these cases are gold coloured, its not the camera making them look gold.

Thanks in advance guys and enjoy the challenge...........Al

Attachments

• Unknown1.jpg
    Unknown1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Unknown2.jpg
    Unknown2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
They are cool looking!

I don't know what they are though..... I'll be interested to see if somone knows:confused:

Thanks Eric

ericgibbs said:
hi,
Look here:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/10/phototransistor-ired20data20book-1.pdf

It looks like a 'lensed phototransistor' type VTT1115

Use your ohm meter on the pins, it should be possible to figure it out.

BTW, many P/T's do have 3 legs!, the base is brought out for possible biasing.

Thanks Eric, spot on with the diagnosis, I just tried one in a small circuit and they perform exactly as you suggest, very sensitive too! So if your'e ever stuck for a few let me know..............Al :)

bigal_scorpio said:
Thanks Eric, spot on with the diagnosis, I just tried one in a small circuit and they perform exactly as you suggest, very sensitive too! So if your'e ever stuck for a few let me know..............Al :)

Next time I visit my folks in Rotherham, I'll pick a couple up.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back