Gift for all the memebers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you design the circuit yourself?

Do you know the batteries symbol is shown reversed and there is no resistor with resistance value of 100E?

No point posting others' schematic with a big logo of your user name and claim it as yours.

Is it just me, or is that schematic REALLY hard to read with "einSTein2006" in the back? Some gift....

Marks256 said:
Is it just me, or is that schematic REALLY hard to read with "einSTein2006" in the back? Some gift....

No, its not just you, it gives my eyes and brain a really bad time.
If that is a gift, I would rather receive a gift wrapped turd.
(Can I say turd on Electro-Tech?)

JimB

It is for charging a 9V battery.
Does anyone make a rechargable 9V battery?
A little "9V" Ni-Cad or Ni-MH rechargable battery is actually only 7.2V. Somebody might try to charge a 9V alkaline battery with this gift circuit and blow up the battery.

I notice that it uses only 1/4 of a quad LM339 comparator IC, instead of 1/2 of a dual LM393 comparator IC.

I presume 100E is actually 100R (100 ohms)? What type of batteries can this charge?

It's probably a typographical error, notice the letter E is right next to R on a qwerty keyboard.

This is an over complicated, over priced circuit to charge a silly 9v battery like someone already said as to how many of those are around anyway. I went to WalMart, and for under $20 got a NiMh, NiCad, 1 hour charger that does AAA, AA and 9v batteries and it included four AA 2500ma NiMh batteries! For a mere $13 on sale from Harbor Freight, I bought a NiMh/NiCad charger that charges something like 8 AA & AAA batteries, 4 C cells, nd 4 D cells and 9v. Why build this mousetrap when I can buy something that monitors the charge rate then switches to trickle/top-off modes!!!
That's some gift we are presented with here --- I feel lucky and very fortunate!

Dr.EM said:
I presume 100E is actually 100R (100 ohms)? What type of batteries can this charge?

'E' is the suffix for 'ohms' in Dutch, check the circuits in Elektor magazine - it's probably so in some other European countries as well?, the P16PRO40 circuit uses it as well - I think it came from Slovakia?.

The circuit itself looks like a "Tony van Roon" drawing?.

A little searching round Tony's site finds this:

As suspected, the poster simply stole the circuit elsewhere, and then pasted his name across it!.

This is against forum rules here, and anywhere! - so bye, bye!.

Yeah, I also found the same circuit on Tony Van Roon's site. It even has a detailed circuit description that Tony translated from Dutch.

Attachments

• 9V battery charger.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 165
Yes the circuit is adopted by Van Roon from J.Hamer but somehow he kept the wrong battery symbol.

Interesting though many(I've checked quite a few) schematic drawings by Jan Hamer shown on his website has battery symbol reversed.

**broken link removed**

Ya know there have been some fairly hilarious threads posted in the past, but this one just might win the Darwin Award. EinSTein ..... LMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…