Give me some idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinalds

hi!!!

is anybody can give me an idea of how to wound a coil of 5H using air core.....

Last edited:
5H? Did you mean 5uH or 5mH?

I don't remember the formula off hand but if you search the web there are formulas that take into account wire dimensions, inner diameters, outer diameters, insulation thickness, coil length, etc., etc, which will allow you to figure out how many layers and turns you will need to get the result.

A 5H coil is going to be massive. To wind it, wrap wire around a dowel that has a diameter the same size as the inner diameter you need and has been sprayed with a dry lubricant (To aid in pressing out the dowel when finished). Use collets to limit the lenght of the coil to your designed specs. Apply a thin layer of epoxy to the outside of the first layer and then every other layer after that. When finished, keep tension on the wire and apply a thin layer of expoxy to the outer layer. Let the epoxy cure over night (12hrs, maybe more).

In the morning, use an arbor press to remove the dowel from the center of the coil.

Attach the coil to whatever you are doing.

Profit.

The inductance of a coil depends upon the diameter of the coil, the length of the coil, the number of turns of the coil, the spacing of the turns, and the core of the coil. There are formulas to do the calculations. A coil of 5H with
an air core is going to be quite large. The iron core will greatly reduce the
physical size because the iron in simple terms multiplies the inductance of the
wound coil. A factor that must be considered is the current in the inductor, as that will determine the wire size to use, which can affect the physical size of the winding.

5 H coil

5 Henry ??

That's a hughe value for a coil,

where are you using that for ?

Using a 40AWG wire, with a .5 inch Inside Diameter and 2 Inch length, it will require about 30,883 turns.

This is about 56 levels of wire on the coil and it uses about 5631 feet of wire.

A Bigger Inside Diameter will Reduce the amount of wire.

LOTS OF LUCK.

may be this will give you some idea...the 5H that i will using is for inductive low pass filter in series with 1K of resistor...making this circuit is to difficult to find the of the inductor...so what will be your best suggestion in replacement of 5H, maybe using any core...

Sounds Familiar?
I Believe this is for a Metal Detector?
And I believe the origional one was Adjustable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…