Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

give some ideas about line follower mobot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodongkulas

hi guys!!! we have a class about microcontrollers and we have'nt started our class. I just want to know in advance on how to create a sensor on a line follower mobot coz that will be our final project. im not really up to the detail. I just want to gather some ideas on how to make a sensor.
I want to ask something about PWM. If a servo motor is controlled by PWM, then how can I control a DC Motor using the same Microcontroller. we are planning to use a z8 microcontroller. can a microcontroller has two PWM? my plan for my mobot is to control both servo and DC motor so that I can control my dc motor during curves on the tracks. tanx guys for ur help!!

I suggest you google each of those items. there is a huge amount of information on the internet.

line sensors - you can buy or build. building a photoreflective line sensor is tricky, though. you will need shield phototransistor from the LED look at this sensor for a good line sensor - https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/10/QRB113x-1.pdf it may be hard to find in the PI but you might get some ideas from the datasheet.

PWM - there is a ton of info about PWM on the net. I believe zilog has app notes on PWM. lots of uCs have multiple PWM channels and you can also use a software version for robotic needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back