GLD150 Power supply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilimike

I have purchased a **broken link removed** power supply to drive a 3 axis CNC stepper motors and driver. Using the fan option will give 7.5A and my motors are 24V 2A so this is a close call.
I was wondering if I can use any of the signals from J2 to detect overheat and perhaps pause the CNC or trigger something before it shuts itself off in case of overload?

J2 has the following 6 pins:
1 Inhibit
2 + Sense
3 Power good
4 - Sense
5 Common
6 Power Fail

Mike

Last edited:
Do you have any info on how the INHIBIT input works? Logic levels? Active high or low?

I bought this on eBay so the only thing I have is the datasheet as linked above and it indicates for Inhibits the following:
Inhibit signal is pulled to the V1 output common to reduce average
output voltage to less than 5% of nominal.

I don't quite understand what this means.

Mike

Last edited:
What idiot wrote that data sheet?

I'm guessing that what he/she/it was trying to say is " If you short INHIBIT (J2 pin 1) to the supply's Negative Output (J3 pin 1), this will cause the supply's output voltage to be reduced from Vout to <5% of Vout".

Any temperature sensor which closes a relay contact on temperature rise would do that.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, I didn't think of that.
I will have to evaluate what is the triggering temp but I think it will be fairly simple to do it this way.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…