Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gramo's new site for PIC micro fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramo

Hi guys/gals,

Well the first thing on my "to do" list was to get my new site online, so here it is!!

https://www.digital-diy.net

I hope you all like the new layout and the URL, it’s got a much better feel then the old free ISP hosted site I used to use.

Please feel free to link it and update any old links you may have from the old site.

Now to start delving into threads again :)

Last edited:
Nice looking site :)

Image link was broken on the Paypal button when I viewed the front page though.

*edit - seems to be working now*

As a noob to programming....... This was the easiest video I have watched (blinking a single led.) Well done.

hi Gramo,

Nice site.;)

PS: your new forum Avator dosn't get the job done.:(

Regards.

Yes, thanks for the great site, gramo! Someone pointed me to it for my first multiplexing project awhile back, and it was very helpful. I had to make some modifications for the parts I had, but that was fairly easy to do due in no small part to the coherence of your explanations. Here's what I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt6pkALgwQA

In retrospect, humming along with my video was a bad idea. It creeps me out, too.

Hank Fletcher said:
Yes, thanks for the great site, gramo! Someone pointed me to it for my first multiplexing project awhile back, and it was very helpful. I had to make some modifications for the parts I had, but that was fairly easy to do due in no small part to the coherence of your explanations. Here's what I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt6pkALgwQA

In retrospect, humming along with my video was a bad idea. It creeps me out, too.

Nice video :)

The humming helped me switch onto what it was saying across the segment displays

The humming helped me switch onto what it was saying across the segment displays
That's kind of what I was hoping for. It seemed really obvious to me what the display was saying, but then I knew what to expect (left to right text), what it would say (the words), spent a fair bit of time getting the programming right, and watched it numerous times to boot.

Gramo's new site for PIC micro fans
A PIC site for munchkins?
**broken link removed**
pictured left to right: Jay Slovak, 3v0, and Krumlink meet to represent the Eletro-tech Competition Guild.

Last edited:
ROFTL, what is that on Krumlinks shirt?
I dunno. An elephant catching snowflakes?

What's going on with the wizard? Is he *****-slapping the scarecrow?

Joe Pesci as the wizard: "Alright, listen up all of yez. Yer gonna go show that wicked witch what's-what, see? Be sure that you bring me back my money right quick when you do, or yer gonna get some more of this!"

Last edited:
Really good site!

I am a little confused though - you have an image of a 7805 circuit showing a 10uF cap on pin 1 and a 100nF on 3, but on the next image you have the caps reversed.

Does it make a difference?

Mark

wow i just read this and i really want a PIC now...... i have been really busy and have not done much with electronics sence school started.... i am getting a pickit2 in a few days.........now just my math average has to go up. you tuts are so easy.

Another old link?

Well this does bring back the good old days, I really enjoyed putting up digital-diy.net and was a little disappointed to leave the old site style behind.

It had a certain simplicity that made it so easy to navigate imho, sure it was a royal pain in the butt to change styles (until I got a little better with css sheets), but I did learn a lot from it!

The digital-diy.net site retired with 285,422 visitors (and about 1,000 emails asking for homework support..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back