Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphical LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

have you any experiance please with 128 x 64 graphical LCD .....20 pin

i want run it with PIC16f877 , i know the wiring but i need a simple program ,

i'm using PICBASIC and MikroC

thank you for this nice link , but unforunatly he works woth assmebly , and the source file is HEX one ,

i'm looking for a simple program , may be just to show a sentance or draw a line , picbasic or Mikro C

watzmann said:
thank you for this nice link , but unforunatly he works woth assmebly , and the source file is HEX one ,

i'm looking for a simple program , may be just to show a sentance or draw a line , picbasic or Mikro C
His source is C. The links are there. Read carefully. His C and hex links are right on top of each other. Watch the status bar as you mouse over the links.

Last edited:
watzmann said:
nice , so we can help eachother :)

which langiage and compiler you use ?
I'll probably put it on my dsPIC30F4013 and use C30 C. Or maybe on a 16F877 with PICC Lite. Or maybe on a 18F452 or 18F4620 in assembler. I have tons of different PICs. Not sure which one to use...

i'm going to use 16f877 , i have many of it ,

here is my first program which still contain an error but i'll try to solve it :

void main() {

Glcd_Init(PORTB, 2, 0, 3, 5, 7, 1, PORTD);

Glcd_Set_Font(@FontSystem5x8, 5, 8, 32);

// Draw Line
Glcd_Fill(0);
Glcd_Write_Text("Lines", 0, 0, 1);

Glcd_Line(0, 0, 127, 59, 2);

Delay_ms(4000);

}

bytheway , have you any experiance of how to connect the PS2 , keyboard with PIC

watzmann said:
i'm going to use 16f877 , i have many of it ,

here is my first program which still contain an error but i'll try to solve it :

Code:
void main()
{
	Glcd_Init(PORTB, 2, 0, 3, 5, 7, 1, PORTD);
	Glcd_Set_Font(@FontSystem5x8, 5, 8, 32);

// Draw Line
	Glcd_Fill(0);  
	Glcd_Write_Text("Lines", 0, 0, 1);
	Glcd_Line(0, 0, 127, 59, 2);
	Delay_ms(4000);
}
Your compiler must come with a glcd library. I'm pretty sure mine doesn't, so I'll write my own.

bytheway , have you any experiance of how to connect the PS2 , keyboard with PIC
I have a book with a whole chapter about it. Lots of good detail. **broken link removed**

believe mikroelektronika that makes your MikroC has examples for the graphic LCD, found this link:
**broken link removed**

Thought this might be of interest. See attachment

Attachments

• GraphicLcdPrinciples.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 450
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back