Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grounding audio Circuits (and general grounding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERADAKTYLE

I'm in the process of designing my first circuit ever, a passive mixer that interfaces with several kinds of input, and outputs to DIN 5 Audio. However I'm confused by how to get the ground on it to work

Background:

I got a russian drum synthesizer through ebay a while back- It has two channels that use two separate inputs to trigger the two voices on the synth. The two inputs send a trigger to the synth whenever there is audio that peaks over a certain threshold. These two inputs were intended to be piezoelectric drum pads that sent signal over an audio cable, however I found that I could also trigger the synth with loud clicks sent over the audio cable, similar to a click track for animatronics.

From there I decided to make an input box that could mix multiple inputs so that I could make my own piezo drum pads, and still trigger the drums with audio inputs if I wanted.

Research I've done thus far-

I figured out that while it came with stereo adapters it really only needs mono, and thus designed my circuit accordingly.

however, I've hit a wall- I'm running into issues with the ground on my mixer.

I'd like to be able to have two mono inputs, and one stereo input, except that the stereo input goes to two separate places- like so

**broken link removed**

I want the stereo split like that so that I could use the left channel to trigger one sound, and the right channel to trigger the other sound- like a left channel bass drum, and a right channel snare.

The problem is when I wire it like that one of the channels gets drowned out, I think because each channel has the same ground.

Is there some way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back