Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guardian Electric Contact Switches

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
I have about 120 of these contact switches. I don't know what their intended purpose is/was, but I can see some applications like a massive old-school cam-driven light controller, or perhaps alarm switches with an added plunger.

A cam controller would have a cam for each switch, mounted on a rotating shaft. High spots on each cam would close each switch according to its cam shape. Seems like it could be a cool 3D printed project.

I see that similar contacts without the bend are used in pinball machines.

These contacts are about an inch in each dimension, with a pair of mounting holes. No idea about the contact ratings.

Yeah, I know that it would be much simpler with a micro, but there's something about a mechanism that's just cool.

Anybody interested? I'm in the US.

CM240705-152449002.jpg

20240705_153302.jpg

Latest threads

Back