Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar Tuner Circuit with ATMEL AT90S2323 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedone

hi,
I will do this guitar tuner project in the attachment. My questions are;

1-) How i will convert GTUNER.C codes into .HEX or .ASM? or What can I do to program my Atmel microcontroller with which codes (.c , .asm , .hex)?

2-) I will also do a simulation of it. Proteus is good at it. But how I will make a real-time simulation with Proteus? for example, in simulation are there any leds that are lit up when sending signal?

Thank you...

Attachments

• guitartuner.JPG
    guitartuner.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,353
  • gtuner.c
    5.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Zedone said:
hi,
I will do this guitar tuner project in the attachment. My questions are;

1-) How i will convert GTUNER.C codes into .HEX or .ASM? or What can I do to program my Atmel microcontroller with which codes (.c , .asm , .hex)?

You need a C compiler to compile the program to a .HEX file (preferably the same one the author used), then a programmer to get the .HEX file into the chip.

2-) I will also do a simulation of it. Proteus is good at it. But how I will make a real-time simulation with Proteus? for example, in simulation are there any leds that are lit up when sending signal?

Can't help you with simulators, I never use them - but is Proteus an Atmel simulator?.

He mentioned the AVR-GCC on some of his other projects. You can see if that will compile the source (.c) to your .hex file.

I think he has a (yaap) programmer circuit on his home page as well, it can write the .hex for you to the chip for you if it does the 2313.

Can't help you with simulators, I never use them - but is Proteus an Atmel simulator?.
proteus is a general simulation software that includes MICROCHIP PIC series, Atmel series, and any other things. But I dont know how to simulate that project even if i draw it in Proteus.

mramos1 said:
He mentioned the AVR-GCC on some of his other projects. You can see if that will compile the source (.c) to your .hex file.

I think he has a (yaap) programmer circuit on his home page as well, it can write the .hex for you to the chip for you if it does the 2313.
i overcomed this problem with WinAVR compiler. thank you.... But on the other hand, i have a problem too. Here I couldnt find AT90S2323 in the shops. So I have to change it with AT90S2313 that is found easily.

****The question****
How can I replace AT90S2323 with At90S2313 in the circuit? Does anybody know the pin connections of it? At least, i am thinking that a more-advanced Atmel (at90s2313) may have another Atmel (at90s2323) in it.... Any idea?

The atmel.com website said the Tiny25 was to replace that chip. The 2313 is not an 8 pin chip, but it can probably be made to work as well, unless there is a large RAM requirement and ADC.

I would read the datasheets.

If you try to used the 2313, you will just match up the pin names. I did not see anything special about the 2323.

I thought about moving it to the PIC chip, but did not want to install a C compiler. My sons have guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back