Guitar Tuner Circuit with ATMEL AT90S2323 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedone

hi,
I will do this guitar tuner project in the attachment. My questions are;

1-) How i will convert GTUNER.C codes into .HEX or .ASM? or What can I do to program my Atmel microcontroller with which codes (.c , .asm , .hex)?

2-) I will also do a simulation of it. Proteus is good at it. But how I will make a real-time simulation with Proteus? for example, in simulation are there any leds that are lit up when sending signal?

Thank you...

Attachments

• guitartuner.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,353
  • gtuner.c
    5.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Zedone said:
hi,
I will do this guitar tuner project in the attachment. My questions are;

1-) How i will convert GTUNER.C codes into .HEX or .ASM? or What can I do to program my Atmel microcontroller with which codes (.c , .asm , .hex)?

You need a C compiler to compile the program to a .HEX file (preferably the same one the author used), then a programmer to get the .HEX file into the chip.

2-) I will also do a simulation of it. Proteus is good at it. But how I will make a real-time simulation with Proteus? for example, in simulation are there any leds that are lit up when sending signal?

Can't help you with simulators, I never use them - but is Proteus an Atmel simulator?.

He mentioned the AVR-GCC on some of his other projects. You can see if that will compile the source (.c) to your .hex file.

I think he has a (yaap) programmer circuit on his home page as well, it can write the .hex for you to the chip for you if it does the 2313.

Can't help you with simulators, I never use them - but is Proteus an Atmel simulator?.
proteus is a general simulation software that includes MICROCHIP PIC series, Atmel series, and any other things. But I dont know how to simulate that project even if i draw it in Proteus.

i overcomed this problem with WinAVR compiler. thank you.... But on the other hand, i have a problem too. Here I couldnt find AT90S2323 in the shops. So I have to change it with AT90S2313 that is found easily.

****The question****
How can I replace AT90S2323 with At90S2313 in the circuit? Does anybody know the pin connections of it? At least, i am thinking that a more-advanced Atmel (at90s2313) may have another Atmel (at90s2323) in it.... Any idea?

The atmel.com website said the Tiny25 was to replace that chip. The 2313 is not an 8 pin chip, but it can probably be made to work as well, unless there is a large RAM requirement and ADC.

I would read the datasheets.

If you try to used the 2313, you will just match up the pin names. I did not see anything special about the 2323.

I thought about moving it to the PIC chip, but did not want to install a C compiler. My sons have guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…