Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hantek 2in1Mixed Signal Oscilloscope MSO5102D 100MHz 2Ch1GSa+16Ch Logic Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I just purchase this instrument from Ebay. I needed something quick and in my price range. I read good reviews on this scope so I made the leap with a very unknown brand. Have any of you used this instrument or the Hantek brand. What do you have to say about it. I already made the purchase, so no need to make me feel bad about it. :) I just need a good debugging tool and data acquisition tool. The box comes with scope probes analyzer test pod and clips. The one I ordered is only 100 MHz, but that is all I need. Under $400.00

Oh, I still have my 200MHz analog Tektronix scope for backup, but I really want a data capture feature. Also my Tek scope takes a lot of space in my small work area, and it can not freeze a glitch frame.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I have a instrustar usb 'scope, its a rebadged hantek, its no superstar but its ok for the cash, nice metal case with corner protectors, reasonably accurate and has a built in sig gen.
The bandwidth probably isnt as good as they say and the user interface is probably a little clinky compared to a agilent, but you wont need a mortgage to buy one.
If your designing mobile phone o/p stages its not going to do the job, but if your a hobbyist/repairman or into microcontrollers and need something to assist debugging it'll probably be fine.
Looks like theres a logic analyser on that too.

Not sure it is fair to compare a USB PC based scope with a bench scope, but thanks for your input. Considering the price I am not expecting Agilient quality instrument, but I want to use it for signal quality testing and general debug. I built a glitch generator that goes down to nano sec size pulses. I will post how well the scope measures them compared to my tektronix scope. Yeah it has logic analyzer which is cool.

Thanks

Well, I got the scope delivered today, and that was fast considering I ordered it on Monday this week, and it came all the way from China. It was packed very well, in fact a bit much as I had to use a knife to get all the wrapping off the box. Inside the box was a very well packed unit and no signs of damage.

Okay, so for the important part. Yes it worked, and quite nicely. The volts/div and time scale knobs had a nice feel to them, they did not jiggle, and had a good feel on the indents as I switched to different scales. The very large and bright screen looks wonderful and very clear. The screen is much easier to read than my old Tek 2236 scope. The size and weight of this box is dwarfed by his Tek analog ancestor, so this is great as I can find many more places in my small lab to put this new box.

The user interface was a little awkward at first but after reading the manual in Word doc format, I quickly mastered it. The scope has all the features you come to expect on a DSO. Aquisition modes for max peak, average, cursors for volts or time, and phase function too, trigger options up the wazoo, and much more. The math functions built in includes FFT to give a frequency domain display, I had not expected that one so nice surprise:)

Still lot's to test and try out, but I had other stuff to do. I am looking forward to trying the Logic analyzer function as I think this will be real handy, but sadly I have not been making any circuits or boards lately so I will have to wait until my latest project is finished and has software running on it, or I could try to rig up an old computer motherboard and solder some test points.
Anyways, that's all I have for now, but of course I will continue to do more fiddling and testing... But so far I am happy with my purchase. :)

Last edited:
One feature that would have been nice is a touch screen.

One feature that would have been nice is a touch screen.

For <$400 this would be pretty unlikely :p

I'm glad it seems to be working for you. I've heard some reviews that Hantek uses cheap plastic and doesn't line up the cutouts properly with the buttons, knobs, and jacks. Maybe it just happened to be a bad batch.

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back