Have you seen this connector before???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris P

Hello again, Im working on a project with PAL at the moment (some of you might remember my previous posts) Well I dragged my (VERY old) 'scope out the loft. I seem to have lost the power lead which seems to be some sort of 6 pin circular connector with a small lug at the bottom for correct orientation. I don't think I've seen this before... HAs anyone? I cant find the make or model anywhere on the scope.
On the inside all 6 pins are connected.
3 of the wires seem to make sense 1 blue 1 brown and 1 yellow & green
However these wires seem to disappear inside the scope and dont appear to go to the transformer as I'd expect. Can anyone help me as it's stupid to have to chuck it for the sack of a missing power lead, but i dont think it's gunna be too forgiving if i connect mains to the wrong pins!!!
I dont mind changing the socket to a more sensible "kettle" style one, as long as someone could tell me what wire should go where...
The other 3 wires all appear to be plain white (as are the wires going to the transformer, some have coloured "collars" on. I'll put some pics on so you can get a better idea. Any help would be great as it may be old but I do remember it worked quite well before I lost the lead...

Cheers

Chris P

Attachments

• Dscn1572.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Dscn1570.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Dscn1571.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 351
Chris P said:
3 of the wires seem to make sense 1 blue 1 brown and 1 yellow & green
However these wires seem to disappear inside the scope and dont appear to go to the transformer as I'd expect.

They wouldn't go to the transformer, they would go to the mains switch, or possibly the voltage selectors.

Try turning the scope on and measuring across blue and brown with your meter on ohms - it's possible that the other three wires aren't used for normal mains use.

Its about 90 ohms when the switch is on and infinite when it's off. The yellow and green pin has very little resistance between itself and the case (o.o2 ohms) I take it I can assume these are my 3 standard mains pins and the others arnt used then?

Cheers

Chris P

Chris P said:
Its about 90 ohms when the switch is on and infinite when it's off. The yellow and green pin has very little resistance between itself and the case (o.o2 ohms) I take it I can assume these are my 3 standard mains pins and the others arnt used then?

I would certainly give it a try!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…