Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HD44870 LCD to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm rather new to building electronic circuits. But the project I have in mind requires a 20x4 LCD display being driven over USB by a computer.

Heres the display I would like to use.
CFAH2004K-TMI-JP, Parallel Character LCD 20x4, RoHS Compliant, White Edge LED Backlight, S

Basically, I'm looking for a controller that's pre-build and just needs soldering to the LCD. Any ideas?

Yes, get an Arduino microcontroller board, around $30.

Arduino - ArduinoBoardDuemilanove

It has all the hardware required to interface your display to a PC. Your PC will see the board as a simple serial comm port. Your PC application program will send characters out the serial USB port. The program you write for the Arduino will convert these serial characters to either a 8 bit or 4 bit format to send to the display. The Arduino IDE software system has software functions already created to talk to these types of display controllers.

Arduino - LiquidCrystal

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back