hello all and can some one please help with capacitor query

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy_zippy

hi all,
Firstly I'd like to say hello to everyone, I'm a student who is just starting off really in electronics as a hobby and found your site whilst looking for some info on caps.
The query I have is this in the schematic below the caps are 0.1uf and all i have around is 10uf, would I be able to use the 10uf caps in this circuit or would it have to be the 0.1 ones. Also if I cant use the 10uf ones what is the reason for this. the circuit is a data cable for a samsung mobile fone.
Any help greatly appreciated

peace

kate

p.s. I could buy some but it would have to be mail order and would love to finish off tonight/tommorrow.

Attachments

• samsung_20x100_20cable.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 351
Hi TZ,
As far as changing the values of it can be done , I don't remember the max limits of the caps...it was either 1 or 10uF , their used as a charge pump. The I.C converts TTL level signals to the RS-232 standard. I think IIRC the caps were not overly critical but do have an impact on bit rate transmission ( long ago..far away ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…