Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello Electro Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Electro Tech,

I am a projector manager with in the Telcom industry and have many ideas that I would like to see come to light. In addition to my professional position I am a hobbyist by heart. I would like nothing more but to work on some of my ideas as a hobby. The majority of these ideas will require me to become proficient with in the art of electronics. I love to learn and love to share my ideas with others.

With all of this said I am also a realist and strive to provide solutions that the average consumer can operate and understand. In the same instance I understand, that in all likely hood I will not be able to accomplish this task alone.

Up until this point I have sold my ideas to various programming, electronic and equipment vendors whom have used their engineers to reap the higher benefits from my ideas.

I would love nothing more but to have the personal satisfaction of developing and manufacturing my own ideas.

I understand that this will not happen over nights, weeks, months but with years of learning.

What sources can I be directed to kick start the adolescent mind in Electronics?

Thanks

`P

Last edited:
I have been fumbling with electronics for 42 - 5 = 37 years, and I'me still fumbling. Ask a lot of questions but get your hands dirty. Build stuff, blow stuff up, and remember, invention is 1% inspiration and 99% persperation.

I have found that when I experiment with electronics, I rarely "blow stuff up". More accurately, I tend to "let the smoke out". Seriously though, if you aren't damaging a component or two once in a while, you aren't truly experimenting.

My instructor in college used to tell us that every success in the development process takes an average of 5 failures. My experience backs it up.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back