Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazzer408

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Here's my hello to everyone and first question. Hopefully someone has a minute to help. :)

I'm building a DC motor controller. I've considered an mcu for the front end but I don't have the space in my head to learn the programing. I've searched high and low for a dedicated PWM IC and for the life of me I can't find ANY that can do 100%. They all have built-in deadtime for push-pull smps ect. I can't believe it doesn't exist. Heck, even my cordless drill can do 100%. Here's a few requirments.

Will run off +15vdc
Output capable of 0-100%
2 error inputs
5v internal ref would be a plus.

The only thing close so far is an SG3524 or SG3525 with the outputs tied but they can't do 100%. I also found the TL1451 but the outputs need pull-up resistors and I can't risk any power-on spikes at the outputs.

Any suggestions?

There is nothing difficult about computer programming. It is just a lot of simple things that look daunting when lumped together.

Think about how you learned to be a mechanic. It is not much different. Several people on this forum have learned to program using tutorials and asking questions.

Most people start by learning to turn an LED on. Next they blink the LED. It is a short step from blinking the LED to PWM.

Can you provide more details about the application.

3v0

Typical low-side switched motor controller (see attached). The power side is already laid out. Mosfets, Diodes, Drivers, and Regulators for the PWM are in. All that's left is a 0/5v PWM from 0-100% to drive it and the ability to add some feedback for current and thermal sensing.

3v0, if you have programing ability and want to make some cash let me know. I have money left to invest.

Attachments

• motorcontroller.jpg
    motorcontroller.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back