Hello new member from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

philr

I just wanted to say a big hello to all members, i am what i would describe as a rank novice in electronics but learning thanks to my local library currently reading starting electronics by Keith Brindley.

I have been spending most of the morning using the search function on making a chicken coop automatic door opener, i see it has been asked many times before with loads of good suggestions to get me started.

I now intend to read up on understanding what motor i will need for the door that weighs 1 k.g.

Thanks again

Phil

Welcome to the forums from another very new member around here. I am sure you will find this place friendly and thriving with great advice and help.

Ron

hi Phil,
Welcome.
It will help others if you fill in the 'Location' [near your avator]
BTW: I know that you are from the UK...

Hi Eric

Thanks for the advice, i will update my settings and location etc.

So new to this i am at risk of looking like a leech, with the multitude of questions i need to ask.

Hi Eric

So new to this i am at risk of looking like a leech, with the multitude of questions i need to ask.

Leech? You have questions and they have answers. The place is all about help.

My Ex Wife was a leech and this place is nothing like she was.

Ron

Hi Eric

hi Phil,
I have lost count on how may times we used to stop for tea & wee in Brackley town square on our way home to Yorkshire, in the good old days.!....
Nowadays I go via the M25, M1

Still a great place for tea, with lots of cake / sandwich shops LOL, and of course the all important pee stops,

By the way Eric i have been looking at the 6v dark switch you posted for someone recently, just need to go to maplin to get the bits then have a go on the old breadboard. Hope to make this the controller for my chicken coop opener

hi Phil,
Can you post a copy of that Dark Circuit.?

Hope this works

Still finding it difficult to read circuits as have been reading breadboard diagrams, should be able to get my head round it with patience

If you have never been to Brackley in the early hours on Saturday, you are missing out..they are a liberated crowd.

Yes especially with the beer festival we have, did at first give a odd impression then recalled where the
public toilets are, that's for all folks that were thinking what the hell is this place called Brackley.

shout me next time your going eric i will bring the red paint! but you pay the fine if we done for weeing in the square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…