Help!! 74ls47 & 90 Counting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The circuit is assembled on breadboards. Breadboards are just a bunch of antennas that pickup interference with all the long wires. Most of the connections on a breadboard are intermittent.

It might not make much difference but why is your 5V supply voltage too low? It is less than the recommended voltage for the ICs. It is less than the minumum voltage from an ordinary 7805 regulator.
If it isn't regulated then it might have a lot of ripple that is messing up your circuit.

Attachments

• 74LS90.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 159
Well my power supply is actually putting put 4.9 volts. But I will try a regulator. Now could I use a resistor and Zenor diode or do I actually need a regulator.

A zener diode wastes a lot of power. An ordinary 5V regulator needs an input voltage at least 2.5V higher than the output.

I have a 12 Volt Dc Wallwart and a LM317. I believe it has an adjustable output. Can i adjust it down to 5V from 12V?

When you bump the knob on the adjustable voltage regulator then your logic circuit will blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…