Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Composite video Switch pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi7

Hi

Summary:

How can i switch on/off Composite video signal using PIC ?
i mean i want to allow the Signal to pass when i give the switch 1 " 5v DC" or don't pass any signal when i give to the switch 0 ?
any idea

i used nmos but didn't help me i will write more in few second.

Last edited:
i bought LCD that accept two input signals,
to switch between them u have to disconnect one of the input signal "physically"
so, i want to get rid of physical part by disconnecting and connecting using switch controlled by logic 1/0

i tried nmos as following :

Gate input = 0 ->pass the signal
gate input = 1 -> pass GND or zero

connection as follow:
Composite video signal(+) -> connected to the Drain
Composite video signal (-) -> connected to the source

:confused:
but that didn't work... it was giving me the Composite video signal regardless of any gate input.

i was taking the output signal from scourge(-) and the Drain (+)

Last edited:
@House0Fwax,
Thank you very much,
but ":)"
i live in Dubai now if i ordered it ,it will takes minimum 1 month to reach me.

You could also use a 4052, its a changeover switch in cmos, but the 4066 is usually more available.
Have you thought of just using a relay, I've recently stripped and salvaged some security monitors, even they used relays to switch video ins.

You could also use a 4052, its a changeover switch in cmos, but the 4066 is usually more available.
Have you thought of just using a relay, I've recently stripped and salvaged some security monitors, even they used relays to switch video ins.

Thanks for ur suggestions ,

I'm looking for something small so relay is my last option & its available here.

regarding 4000 ics , i found this
analog-switch.jpg

I'm going to try that circuit sicne i have Nmos + Pmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back