Help Composite video Switch pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi7

Hi

Summary:

How can i switch on/off Composite video signal using PIC ?
i mean i want to allow the Signal to pass when i give the switch 1 " 5v DC" or don't pass any signal when i give to the switch 0 ?
any idea

i used nmos but didn't help me i will write more in few second.

Last edited:
i bought LCD that accept two input signals,
to switch between them u have to disconnect one of the input signal "physically"
so, i want to get rid of physical part by disconnecting and connecting using switch controlled by logic 1/0

i tried nmos as following :

Gate input = 0 ->pass the signal
gate input = 1 -> pass GND or zero

connection as follow:
Composite video signal(+) -> connected to the Drain
Composite video signal (-) -> connected to the source

but that didn't work... it was giving me the Composite video signal regardless of any gate input.

i was taking the output signal from scourge(-) and the Drain (+)

Last edited:
@House0Fwax,
Thank you very much,
but ""
i live in Dubai now if i ordered it ,it will takes minimum 1 month to reach me.

You could also use a 4052, its a changeover switch in cmos, but the 4066 is usually more available.
Have you thought of just using a relay, I've recently stripped and salvaged some security monitors, even they used relays to switch video ins.

You could also use a 4052, its a changeover switch in cmos, but the 4066 is usually more available.
Have you thought of just using a relay, I've recently stripped and salvaged some security monitors, even they used relays to switch video ins.

Thanks for ur suggestions ,

I'm looking for something small so relay is my last option & its available here.

regarding 4000 ics , i found this

I'm going to try that circuit sicne i have Nmos + Pmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…