Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Converting Temperature to voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

I'm having a little bit of trouble with what Birdmano_O told me in the chat last night. He kept throwing so many examples that it throws me off when I try to reverse that formula to convert the temperature in Fahrenheit to voltages. plus the .5mv/bit was wrong because 5V/1023 is a long string rounding up to about .005. That kind of throws me off too. I did a calculation attempting to use some of what he told me 75F calculated out to 150000 is that right or wrong. This has been my sticking point for a while. Thanks for any help that comes.

I'm having a little bit of trouble with what Birdmano_O told me in the chat last night. He kept throwing so many examples that it throws me off when I try to reverse that formula to convert the temperature in Fahrenheit to voltages. plus the .5mv/bit was wrong because 5V/1023 is a long string rounding up to about .005. That kind of throws me off too. I did a calculation attempting to use some of what he told me 75F calculated out to 150000 is that right or wrong. This has been my sticking point for a while. Thanks for any help that comes.

hi skeet,
As you say 5V as 1023 is 5/1023 = 4.887mV/bit
Over what range of Fahrenheit are you fitting the 0 to 5V.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back