Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help detecting if sine wave is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I want to drive a load when there is an input of <150hz, and be off when the frequency is higher, or no input at all.

My idea was to pass the input signal through a lowpass filter, then have something turn on when the peak-to-peak voltage is over x-volts.

Thanks

How do you plan to generate the 150hz ?

Do you have an high quality DMM with frequency counter ?

I have a frequency counter. The 150hz doesn't need to be exact. I'm going to be driving LED's to the bass of music. The problem with just using the sine wave from the audio signal is that I will only be using half of the wave to power the LED's.

Look up "missing pulse detector" It's just a one-shot that is held in reset by incoming pulses. If set up for T~=1/150, then it could detect when the frequency changes. That should give better results than a filter, IMO.

EDIT: I didn't see your last post. Since you're doing audio, there are much better methods. Try a key-word search on ETO. There have been some pretty good circuits posted over the last several months/years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back