Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!!! Electronics Project :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

akki2211

Hello everyone!

I am a 2nd year student of electronics engineering, and have been assigned to make any project (not too difficult one, a simple and smart). I tried looking on various websites on the internet, but cannot make out HOW TO START??:confused: Since I am doing all this all by my self and for the first time, I don't have any idea.

I would be really very glad if some one can help me out.

Thanks and Regards.

Akki:)

You could build a 555 circuit to flash some leds, or make a siren, there are unlimited things to build. How much knowledge of electronics do you have?

Have you gotten into active circuits yet? If so, perhaps a simple two stage audio amplifier. A FET input stage connected to a common collector output. Set the input Z to 100 K ohms and you have a nice little microphone preamp with a low output impedance. Depending on the design details, we are only talking about a half dozen components.

If not, then what about an impedance matching attenuator? Say a 600 ohm balanced input to 10 K unbalanced output minimum loss attenuator? It could be used to adapt from a phone line to the line input jack of an amplifier or recorder. If you go with this one, don’t forget to DC block it. To add a little sophistication you can even make it a band pass filter (300 Hz to 3.5 KHz) so it only passes telephone in-band signals.

I think what you need to do is sit down with a blank white sheet of paper in front of you. Now think about what you have learned thus far and what this year looks to bring your way. For example if you have learned or will be learning about magnetic attraction and repulsion or how small DC motors work, then think about building a small DC motor with a few nails and some magnet wire. Look to build something that actually does something and proves out a theory of something you have learned or will soon learn.

That would be my suggestiion anyway.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back