Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! feeling the touch by a metal stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkforest

:confused: I want to implement a wireless fencing sport system . I think I can use some experience in robot designing for reference.

now when playing fencing sport there is a wire connect the player's metal jacket with a counter to sensor the touch by sword. It's discommodious. The movement of player is also restricted .

and there is a sample

https://www.stm-fencing.com/index.php?optio...id=16&Itemid=29

but I don't know how they work out

Maybe proofread or brush up on your writing first before using words like discommodious? It's a bit hard to read already without using fancy words like that.

Anyways, are you sure it's not just a really thin conductive mesh being used? Or some kind of conductive plastic or something? I doubt it's capacitance since that seems overcomplicated. Are you trying to figure out how it works? Or an alternative way to do it?

Also, that limiting the movement of player because of the wire mesh might not be such a big deal. Remember that you are still getting stabbed by a pointy metal stick. Stiff materials help protect against that, and you can't exactly have a stiff material that won't restrict movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back