Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding Leprohon ICD2 Clone details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaruk

Hi.
I was given a schematic to develop a pcb for a friend of mine. The drawing name is ICD2.sch, by S. Leprohon, and is titled ICD2 Clone - RS232 Version.

The schematic was a PDF file.

I need more info about this design, but have searched the forums for what seems like hours with no success.

Does anyone know about this design (06/07/2005) and point me to the site from which it originated?

Thanks

Inchworm Schematic

Thank you. A very generous gesture on your part to release the schematic.

I notice that you use a MAX232 with 10mfd caps. The data sheet shows 1mfd. I assume, as you have a successful market for your product, that the use of 10mfd is functional.

I will construct my own PCB for this project as the currency exchange rate from this country (South AFrica) make the purchase of your kit much too expensive for me.

Thanks again for your generosity.

Azaruk said:
I notice that you use a MAX232 with 10mfd caps. The data sheet shows 1mfd. I assume, as you have a successful market for your product, that the use of 10mfd is functional.

Different datasheets suggest different values, it's not at all critical - and as it's a simple charge pump, larger capacitors are probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back