Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for connecting to a printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

idham85

Hello everyone,

I need to make an electronic card for connecting to a printer as the principle of SMS-printer. This card contains SIM card as it receives an SMS message is then transferred to the printer to print it.
Can someone help me? I do not know where I begin and how?
I am at your disposal for any further information.
Thank you in advance

You first need to get a GSM modem (or GSM modem chip) connected to a processor and all working, you can then see about adding printing from it. Printing depends greatly on your printer, modern ones are mostly Windows printers, and won't work without a PC - as much of the printers actual working software is inside the PC.

There are numerous threads on here about GSM modems.

thank you for your attention but the problem I need to design and produce this card without the use of another module ready. If you can help me level diagram, architecture, patterns etc. ...

I'm soory for my english;:(

It's your project, download the datasheet for a GSM modem IC, and develop it from that.

The one I'm using is the WISM_0218

Attachments

• AirPrime_WISMO218_Product_Technical_Specification_and_Customer_Design_Guidelines_r6.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back