Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for implement a transciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaththa19

hi,

I want to create a transmitter which transmit light signal when a electrical signal is given.im hoping to use a laser drive....is there any cheap laser drives?

I have a cigarette lighter with a built-in laser pointer I picked up for $3 at a gas station. If you can find one of those, try modulating the power with a drive transistor.

RE laser transmitter

Its worth noting that the laser or led output will not be linear with the applied current. I suggest you use an fm or pulse length modulation system to get any kind of decent results from whatever you do decide on as a emitter and receiver
(The receiver/detector is also unlikely to be very linear !.)

best of luck! JOHN F

hey JOHN F,
i built a laser transeiver circuit which i found on http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/ which transmit RS232 output of a PC. still i didnt test it though...may be tommorrow..i need to go for a higher speed of data stream cos i wish to send a 2Mbps data stream through a fiber cable...i think what u have told is important to me but i didnt understand it well.can u explain bit light what uv told?..pls..pls..
Thankz

hi duffy,
thankz alot....i got one for 0.75$...what is a driver transistor?im very new to optical communication and electronics..but i love them..

A drive transistor would be like this MPSA06 -
**broken link removed**
- where they are driving it with a port pin.

Easier still, here's an "instructables" where they send music over a laser module like the one in the lighter just using a transformer and no drive transistors.
Send Music over a Laser Beam

It also shows has a very simple recieve circuit -
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back