HELP: how can i plot my data from microcontroller to pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanonair

Sirs and mams!

I have a microcontroller and i connect it via serial port to my pc. I want to plot my data real-time using a GUI. But i dont know how? Can you help me. Thanks a lot!

You write a suitable program on your PC - that's all.

I'm presuming you've already written the micro-controller program?.

Serial communication with PC using a microcontroller is not a big deal. If you can specify the microcontroller it would be easy for the "Sirs and Mams" here to help you

ivanonair said:
I am using a zilog xp microcontroller.

hi,
If the connection is RS232 and the data format of a common standard the Win program will not care which MCU you are using.

Whats the data type and format etc...

Another link here for you:

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the links! Is there any GUI made out from VB or Matlab can i download? Coz i dont have any idea on GUI programming. All i need is a program which can plot my data from zilog mcu real time (sine waveform or any kind of waveform or line) thanks!

Are you asking for VB source code?

Not exactly a VB source code. But maybe a source code too, but i think that is too much coz its the programmer's intellectual property. Maybe sample programs or codes on VB or Matlab which I can make a real-time plotting GUI from serial port that i can study with, and make my own GUI.

I dont mean the VB programme itself.

I mean source code for a VB, RS232 plotting program.
Do you have the the Visual Basic 5 PROGRAM in your PC?

Oh sorry sir I do have a VB on my pc. Can you help me how to make GUI using VB? I really need it for our project. Thanks a lot sir!

ivanonair said:
Oh sorry sir I do have a VB on my pc. Can you help me how to make GUI using VB? I really need it for our project. Thanks a lot sir!

Look here:
This site is excellent for source code, I suggest you register.

**broken link removed**

If you just need to plot some data, output it from the microcontroller as comma-separated numbers, then paste it to Excel and make a chart. As easy as it gets - no coding necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…