Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help idenftiying a part

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira_gr

Hello

At the photo shown is a component for identification. I think it is from vishay and this diode is located right after the power jack. At my circuit this part is blown and the input supply is 12 volt, 300mA the code is s97. i had no luck finding any datasheet and any help would be appreciated. Form what i can tell this diode is for protecting the rest of the circuit from reverse input polarity.

Attachments

• circuit_board.jpg
    circuit_board.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 297
Find out what the form factor is by measuring the old diode and simply replace it with one that can handle the 12V 300ma without overheating with no heatsink. There are probably any number of a thousand diodes you could replace it with, try using Digikey's parametric search to find some suggestions. Reverse polarity diodes are nothing special so replacing it with the exact brand and model of diode that was in there is really pointless.

Any diode with a PIV of say 20 volts or better, and a forward current of at least 300ma, preferably more for saftey. Whatever you can get in that particular form factor. You have the voltage and current, now you need to know the form factor of the old chip.

Pretty simply 2pin SMD package, what are its dimensions? (This is one of the reasons I bought a set of calipers =))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back