Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in AT89C51 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsafadi

Hi everybody !!

I have a senior project this year called ( SMART RC CAR ) which we use the computer to control the RC Car by RF.

The problem is that i need to make a shift register to 16-bit parallel data to serial waveform using AT89C51 ( In transmitter ) and also need to convert thsi serial waveform to the real data ( 16-bit parallel ??) also by AT89C51 in Receiver ..

can any body help me ...

and i need some toturial for AT89C51

byez:confused:

nsafadi said:
Hi everybody !!

I have a senior project this year called ( SMART RC CAR ) which we use the computer to control the RC Car by RF.

The problem is that i need to make a shift register to 16-bit parallel data to serial waveform using AT89C51 ( In transmitter ) and also need to convert thsi serial waveform to the real data ( 16-bit parallel ??) also by AT89C51 in Receiver ..

can any body help me ...

Can't help you with code for that processor, but there's PIC code in my tutorials - what you really need is Manchester coding - my tutorials give sone advice on that which you might find helpful.

Can't help you with code for that processor, but there's PIC code in my tutorials - what you really need is Manchester coding - my tutorials give sone advice on that which you might find helpful.

I just want to tell you that i choose AT89C51 because it contains a serial port which make it easy to interface it with the RF tranceviers ..

but if you have a PIC conde for my problem .. you can provide me it as soon as possible and i will be thankfull ...

byz

nsafadi said:
I just want to tell you that i choose AT89C51 because it contains a serial port which make it easy to interface it with the RF tranceviers ..

The serial port isn't any help, as you can't just send standard serial over a radio link.

but if you have a PIC conde for my problem .. you can provide me it as soon as possible and i will be thankfull ...

It's in my tutorials, follow the link!.

you can use PIC RF microcontrolers it is easeyest. or philips components is greater.

the thing that u don't know that i am living in Palestine in which we didn't have the component that u talked about ..

that's why i am asking about the component which we had ..

It's in my tutorials, follow the link!.

i am know checking ur toturial ..

brb

89c51

nsafadi said:
Hi everybody !!

i need to make a shift register to 16-bit parallel data to serial waveform using AT89C51 ( In transmitter ) and also need to convert thsi serial waveform to the real data ( 16-bit parallel ??) also by AT89C51 in Receiver

byez:confused:

I don't really understand what you are looking for?

do you want the 8051 routine to run a shift register?
Serial to parallel?
are you sending serial data out to a 74HC164?

let me know I have some routines that may help you.

I don't really understand what you are looking for?

do you want the 8051 routine to run a shift register?
Serial to parallel?
are you sending serial data out to a 74HC164?

let me know I have some routines that may help you.

i think it's clear what i want .. i need to program my AT89C51 to used it as shoft register ..

like take input from port a and output the serially data from the RS232 in MU

can u help me ?

hi
U don't need any extra statements, just move the input value to SBUF and connect TXD pin to the RF transmitter's i/p pin. It will send auomatically send datas.

At the receiving end connect RXD(8051) pin with RF receivers o/p pin and move the SBUF value to Ports. It's completely same like serial communication in 8051

Except you can't just send RS232 serial data over a radio link, it's unreliable (if it works at all!) - look up Manchester coding (as in my PIC radio tutorial).

8051 Mode 0

nsafadi said:
i think it's clear what i want .. i need to program my AT89C51 to used it as shoft register ..

like take input from port a and output the serially data from the RS232 in MU

can u help me ?

ok, so you want to read portA, and send the data to a shift register, correct?

if this is correct, you can set up the 8051 in shift register mode.

code would be something like this:
Code:
;set up 8051 in mode 0 (shift register mode)
;RX pin = DATA you want to send 
;TX pin = CLK
;I assume you are using a 74HC164 shift register

mov scon,#00h	;set mode 0 and clear all interrupt bits
	;get the data from port a, copy to acc here first

send:
	mov sbuf,a	;copy data you want to send from acc to sbuf
	jnb scon.1,$	;wait until transmission complete
	ret

I hope this helps you or gives you some insight.

nsafadi said:

The Book called:
The 8051 Microcontroller Architecture, Programming, and Applications
by Kenneth Ayala

Perfectly describes exactly what you are doing with a schematic and all the code!

The book proved to be very useful to me when I was first learning 8051.
There are many code/schematic examples from everything to DAC, ADC, keypad, LCD, and many more.

Do a google search, I think there is a scanned copy in PDF format somewhere on the net that you can download.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back