Help in AT89C51 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsafadi

Hi everybody !!

I have a senior project this year called ( SMART RC CAR ) which we use the computer to control the RC Car by RF.

The problem is that i need to make a shift register to 16-bit parallel data to serial waveform using AT89C51 ( In transmitter ) and also need to convert thsi serial waveform to the real data ( 16-bit parallel ??) also by AT89C51 in Receiver ..

can any body help me ...

and i need some toturial for AT89C51

byez

Can't help you with code for that processor, but there's PIC code in my tutorials - what you really need is Manchester coding - my tutorials give sone advice on that which you might find helpful.

Can't help you with code for that processor, but there's PIC code in my tutorials - what you really need is Manchester coding - my tutorials give sone advice on that which you might find helpful.

I just want to tell you that i choose AT89C51 because it contains a serial port which make it easy to interface it with the RF tranceviers ..

but if you have a PIC conde for my problem .. you can provide me it as soon as possible and i will be thankfull ...

byz

nsafadi said:
I just want to tell you that i choose AT89C51 because it contains a serial port which make it easy to interface it with the RF tranceviers ..

The serial port isn't any help, as you can't just send standard serial over a radio link.

but if you have a PIC conde for my problem .. you can provide me it as soon as possible and i will be thankfull ...

It's in my tutorials, follow the link!.

you can use PIC RF microcontrolers it is easeyest. or philips components is greater.

the thing that u don't know that i am living in Palestine in which we didn't have the component that u talked about ..

that's why i am asking about the component which we had ..

It's in my tutorials, follow the link!.

i am know checking ur toturial ..

brb

89c51

nsafadi said:
Hi everybody !!

i need to make a shift register to 16-bit parallel data to serial waveform using AT89C51 ( In transmitter ) and also need to convert thsi serial waveform to the real data ( 16-bit parallel ??) also by AT89C51 in Receiver

byez

I don't really understand what you are looking for?

do you want the 8051 routine to run a shift register?
Serial to parallel?
are you sending serial data out to a 74HC164?

let me know I have some routines that may help you.

I don't really understand what you are looking for?

do you want the 8051 routine to run a shift register?
Serial to parallel?
are you sending serial data out to a 74HC164?

let me know I have some routines that may help you.

i think it's clear what i want .. i need to program my AT89C51 to used it as shoft register ..

like take input from port a and output the serially data from the RS232 in MU

can u help me ?

hi
U don't need any extra statements, just move the input value to SBUF and connect TXD pin to the RF transmitter's i/p pin. It will send auomatically send datas.

At the receiving end connect RXD(8051) pin with RF receivers o/p pin and move the SBUF value to Ports. It's completely same like serial communication in 8051

Except you can't just send RS232 serial data over a radio link, it's unreliable (if it works at all!) - look up Manchester coding (as in my PIC radio tutorial).

8051 Mode 0

nsafadi said:
i think it's clear what i want .. i need to program my AT89C51 to used it as shoft register ..

like take input from port a and output the serially data from the RS232 in MU

can u help me ?

ok, so you want to read portA, and send the data to a shift register, correct?

if this is correct, you can set up the 8051 in shift register mode.

code would be something like this:
Code:
;set up 8051 in mode 0 (shift register mode)
;RX pin = DATA you want to send 
;TX pin = CLK
;I assume you are using a 74HC164 shift register

mov scon,#00h	;set mode 0 and clear all interrupt bits
	;get the data from port a, copy to acc here first

send:
	mov sbuf,a	;copy data you want to send from acc to sbuf
	jnb scon.1,$	;wait until transmission complete
	ret

I hope this helps you or gives you some insight.

nsafadi said:
and i need some toturial for AT89C51

The Book called:
The 8051 Microcontroller Architecture, Programming, and Applications
by Kenneth Ayala

Perfectly describes exactly what you are doing with a schematic and all the code!

The book proved to be very useful to me when I was first learning 8051.
There are many code/schematic examples from everything to DAC, ADC, keypad, LCD, and many more.

Do a google search, I think there is a scanned copy in PDF format somewhere on the net that you can download.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…