Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in building a relay circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramelz

Hi everyone. I'm using a Takamisawa RY5W-K 5V DC relay. what do i need ? and i'm using a pic18f4520 microcontroller.

Hi everyone. I'm using a Takamisawa RY5W-K 5V DC relay. what do i need ? and i'm using a pic18f4520 microcontroller.

hi,

The relay coil resistance is 165R at 5V , ie 30mA.

The max current I would draw from a PIC is 20mA, so you will require a transistor driver.

Do you need help with a simple circuit.?

E

EDIT:
Optional circuit.

Attachments

• AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 247
  • AAesp05.gif
    AAesp05.gif
    34 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
You can easily do your own spice sim. If you haven't got a sim model for a relay just use a 165Ω resistor in series with ~100mH

Last edited:
so Rout connect to Microcontroller chip or the MCU pin?20111227212510439.jpg i dunno how to differentiate which pins of the relay is the switch

Use pins 8 & 6 as a normally open switch.
Can u read schematics?

I don't understand the difference between microcontroller chip and Mcu pin here. The Mcu pin IS the microcontroller chip interface.

V2 is the 5 volt DC voltage used in place of the mcu to test the spice model.

so what pins of the relay is connected to Rout and positive of the coil?
Cos the main purpose of the relay is to design a battery charging system whereby i'm able to read the voltage from the each battery(total of 8).

Eric could u share that Relay spice file with me?

hi,

It has many libs for different devices,, look under Files/Lib

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back