Help in solving a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

macabre_sunsets

Hello,
I have the following circuit
http://www.geocities.com/dcimbm/kyklwma3.JPG
and would like to find the output Voltage (or the gain)
I have no values for the R1,R2,R3 or the Voltages but i think that would not be
a problem in solving the circuit. Unfortunatelly I have no idea about it and I'm
asking for you help. Any recomendation/help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Is this for school or something? To 'solve' this, you will need some values...
I recomend that you ask your teacher for more information.

Yes, it is for 'school'. Since I have no values can't it be solved?
Even theoriticaly. At leat some basic equations which may be helpful?
A start is better than nothing I believe. I am also reading some books about
circuits but found nothing so far that can help me

Certainly your teacher didn't just hand you this circuit and expect you to do something with it, did you sleep through class, and have no clue about the homework assignment? The best you can hope to get is a bunch of sloppy equations to represent compnent values, even the pretty useless waste of time.

There must be more information then what you have presented here. What kind of solution are you expected to give?

Well I expect to be given some equations. As for the values, if there are any,
I will get them as soon as possible. I don't think it is that difficult, for someone
who knows just to provide some equations right? I mean I don't only want the
result. If I have something to start then I can continue and see where I will
end up.

what your teacher want to know is if you understand how the circuit work... not the voltage value. At least you'll end up with a formula.

Just place those parts on a bread-board and do some test. Use the same values for all resistors and then just change one of them. Once you understand how it works.. apply the maths.

your teacher had a good idea. it's a good one

Ending up with a formula is what I want in first place and then I can enter the
values to end up with a result.
A breadboard would be a great idea if I had one. Next choice is to use some
programs like Workbench but I will end up with the output Voltage only, which
I don't want.

As suggested, your teacher expects you to generate the formula for solving the question - basically an algebraic equation without any values.

However this is YOUR assignment, if you can't do it the teacher needs to know you can't, cheating and getting someone else to do it for you does you no good at all!.

It appears that coming up with the equations IS the assignment.

It would be simlple ohms law, except the opamp/comparator, which I'd expect to make some difference depending on the chosen device. Don't know that much about them, but does seem like a simple formula describes them like resistors.

HarveyH42 said:
It would be simlple ohms law, except the opamp/comparator, which I'd expect to make some difference depending on the chosen device. Don't know that much about them, but does seem like a simple formula describes them like resistors.
Not quite - think "ideal opamp approximation" and the answer falls out pretty easily. Y'know it's kinda sad when solving these kinds of problems on a long weekend seems fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…